Hand in Hand is a new idea; a real life adventure that anyone can play. Starting with a sinister discovery right at the heart of Doncaster, Hand in Hand will take 200 players the length and breadth of the Borough searching for clues, solving puzzles and unravelling a dark mystery that has lain hidden for centuries. Best of all, apart from the cost of transport, Hand in Hand is completely free!
Currently on display at Doncaster Museum & Art Gallery is the skeletal hand of a young woman. The hand and the ring it wears dates from the 12th Century. The location of the rest of the skeleton is unknown. The hand is at the centre of a gothic mystery that game players must unravel. They will uncover a story of historical lovers, torn apart by evil and reborn every generation until the present day.
- Hand in Hand is suitable for all ages and can be played alone, in pairs or a group and is ideal for families to play together
- It takes place over two weekends, Sat 22nd Feb 2014 & Sun 23rd Feb, and Sat 1st March & Sun 2nd March, 10am-4pm
- Complete the trail of clues to learn the secret location where the game will come to its spectacular climax on the evening of Sun 2nd March
- Play the game in a single day or spread it over two
- Choose how you get around; all locations are accessible by car, bicycle or public transport
- Some walking will be necessary and players under 16 must be accompanied at all times by an adult player.
Players must register to play the game and places are limited to 200.
Hand in Hand is a Right Up Our Street commission by ADEPT (artists Shanaz Gulzar & Steve Manthorp), funded by Arts Council England and managed by darts